Procedure & Purchase
Important: please contact me before uploading any files so that we can communicate about your project.
- Next, after we have communicated, please send a mixdown (stereo file) of your song or songs to one of the transfer services on the upload page or another file transfer service of your choice:
- This gives me a chance to evaluate the song(s) and to make an initial suggestion as to what would most benefit your song(s) - this will form the basis of your invoice.
- Also, I'll pinpoint any problem areas in the mix that could possibly be fixed on your end to save you money (i.e. to avoid additional charges for non-mixing services).
- For mastering clients, these non-mixing services won't apply as the mix process is nearly complete and the mastering rate is already set, but there still may be areas that could be better addressed on your / the mixer's end to ensure the clearest, most impactful results.
- After we agree on a course of action, you will need to read and accept the Terms of Service Agreement which is important because it clearly lays out basic expectations for your project and protects us both from misunderstandings. Please follow the preceding link to view or complete the agreement and feel free to contact me to discuss the meaning of anything that's unclear in the terms or with any other questions.
- At this point, I'll send you instructions about preparing and uploading your lossless audio files (WAV, AIFF or FLAC). After reading the instructions, please go ahead and upload your clearly labeled, 24 or 32 bit 44.1 kHz lossless audio file(s):
- For mixing: these will be all the individual tracks that make up your mix exported from your DAW as mono WAV files (e.g. bass, kick, snare, vocals) and stereo WAV files (e.g. pianos, synths, guitars, strings, horn sections).
- For mastering: this will be the stereo mixdown of each of the songs on your album from your DAW or console.
- Finally, I will send an invoice that you can pay through securely using PayPal or other forms of payment. I cannot start working until I've received your payment in full.
- Turnaround time largely depends on the length and complexity of your project, but I strive to balance quality with speed to provide you with fantastic results as quickly as possible:
- We'll definitely discuss the specifics of the turnaround time you need from the beginning to see what works best for your release. I'll do my absolute best to meet your deadlines and to make the process as stress-free as possible.
- If there will be any delays (often from workload on my end), I'll be sure to communicate that from the start so you can gauge if I'll be the best fit for your project.